Agile makes safe, civil, low-carbon, affordable, modular homes for people in housing need.
We use naturally-renewable, carbon-capturing materials that minimise environmental impact and maximise energy efficiency.
Agile can Design your project from start to finish.
Agile provides Consultancy that unlocks development potential on small and complex sites.
Agile Makes housing happen.
Agile Homes Panelised Building System
Durability Assessment: Minimum 60 Years
Construction System Summary:Factory completed modules are transported to site and craned onto site constructed foundations and can be stacked up to 3 storeys high. The foundations are site specific depending on site ground conditions. The floor cassette comprises of engineered floor joist (Easijoists) with radon and gas barrier and cement particle board below and this forms the pod floors, built off site for modular. Once the floors are built the corner posts are then fitted with the modular wall components using tek screws to the engineer’s design. The easijoist roof or first/second floor is then put into place. The walls are then clad externally and internally with 9mm Racking and Fire Board, Externally the boards are left with a 6mm gap between boards for expansion/contraction and to allow the insulation to breath. Internally the boards are butted tightly together. Upper floors consist of engineered timber joists (easijoist) with decking over. An external cladding system is added to complete the building and is mainly carried out prior to delivery to site.
Limits on scope:
- Maximum 3 storeys for residential use;
- Bottom members minimum 150mm above external ground level;
- Minimum 25mm drained and ventilated cavity behind external wall claddings; Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor;
- Ground below ground module floor must be sealed to limit moisture within the void, e.g., sand covering.
- Sheathing board used in the construction must be third party approved for the proposed use (e.g., BBA, KIWA, ETA). All fixings to the supporting structure must be stainless steel. Relative Humidity in the cavity behind the wall cladding must not exceed 85% for extended periods.
- Agile must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structure;