Blossom Homes Ecohouse Zero Carbon bedroom Homes
The system comprises closed cell timber frame cassettes forming the wall and roof. Lintels for the window/door openings and supports for the roof cassette are timber Glulam beams. Stability of the superstructure is provided by horizontal and vertical diaphragms
Durability Assessment: minimum 60 years
Limits on scope
- Maximum 3 storeys for residential use subject to structural justification;
- Bottom members in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources;
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor, minimum 1500mm2/linear meter or 500mm2/m2 of floor area;
- The ground below the ground floor cassette must be sealed to prevent moisture entering the floor void, e.g. 50mm fine aggregate; polythene DPM; 50mm sand blinding; compacted stone backfill.
- Minimum 25mm ventilated and drained cavity behind external wall claddings;
- Blossom Homes Limited must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structure;
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub- contracted for the structural analysis and design.