Etopia are suppliers and installers of a sustainable building system that enables contractors, developers and registered providers, to deliver Net Zero ready homes that are energy-efficient and sustainable. Our aim is to facilitate the construction industry to achieve and exceed the Future Homes Standards from 2025.
The system comprises a designed and installed structural wall panel, which is constructed from a Hyper-SIP that provides the structural shell of a building. Also included are the intermediate floors, internal walls, internal battening to create a service void and roof trusses
VALUE OF THE ETOPIA SYSTEM
- Structural panel that has a loading strength of up to 80 tonnes.
- Ease and speed of delivery and installation. A typical house is capable of being erected in 5 days.
- Factory-made panels reduce waste.
- Our walls are thinner, typically 275.5mm (total through wall thickness from internal to external finish). This is an increase of GIFA by 8%.
- Existing designs can be easily and rapidly converted to our system.
- Any material can be used on the façade of a home constructed with the system.
- High energy efficiency due to airtightness and U-value, and as such, lower fuel bills.
- Panels have a precise surface making it easier for follow-on trades to achieve a high-quality finish.
- Renewable and smart technology is easily integrated.
- The system eliminates wet trades, leading to tidier sites, minimal waste, and reduced H&S risks.
- No reliance on membranes or tapes which can fail over time.
- No movement/flexing in the structure.
The Project Etopia UK Structural Insulated Panel Building System
The system comprises nominally 185mm thick panels made up from two skins of 12mm cement bonded particleboard (cbpb), Euroform A2 Versapanel, bonded to a 161mm thick blown polyurethane core insulation. The wall panels are available in a range of widths ranging from 215mm to a maximum of 1125mm, to coordinate with UK brick sizes, and to a maximum height of 2400mm. Window and door openings have a specific 2100mm tall lintel support panel, and lintel and base panels. Panels are supplied in factory cut shapes and sizes in accordance with the design of the building being constructed. End gable spandrel panels are made up of several panel profiles. Panels are joined with a proprietary galvanised steel perimeter profile to enable the panel-to-panel connections. Panels are connected together with two 12x95mm cbpb splines and polyurethane adhesive which is the primary assembly method. During the adhesive curing period, the panels are screwed together to maintain alignment. The screws are not intended to contribute to the stability of the completed building. Joints between panels are sealed with Nullifire FS703 fire-resistant silicone sealant to maintain fire integrity and airtightness.
Durability Assessment – 60 Years
Limits on scope
- Maximum 3 storeys for residential use (may go higher subject to project-specific structural verification);
- Bottom members minimum 150mm above external ground level;
- Minimum 25mm drained and ventilated cavity behind external wall claddings, or as required by the cladding manufacturer;
- Where rendered or brick slip external wall insulation cladding systems are used, a minimum 15mm drained cavity must be maintained behind the insulation;
- Where conventional masonry cladding is used, a minimum 50mm wide ventilated cavity should be incorporated.
- Project Etopia UK must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structure
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be engaged for the structural analysis and design.