With Offices throughout UK and Ireland, we provide a Total Package, delivering Buildings to our Clients. Our Turnkey Solution for Modular Building and Offsite Construction ensures that every Project is Managed smoothly and comprehensively from start to finish, On time and On budget.
Extra Space Steel Framed Six Storey Volumetric Building System
The design represents a primary hot rolled steel frame with light gauge steel framed elements forming floor, roof and external wall cassettes.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 6 storeys subject to scheme specific structural analysis.
- Bottom members in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources. The LGSF must not be at risk of exposure to any moisture source.
- Masonry wall cladding cavities should be minimum 50mm width and ventilated.
- Conventional cladding systems should have a drained and ventilated back- cavity, or as required by the cladding manufacturer (minimum 25mm);
- Rendered external thermal insulation systems and/or insulated brick slip cladding systems applied to steel-framed structures must have a minimum 15mm drained back-cavity. Detailing should be considered to minimise the risk of water entering the structure at vulnerable junctions, for example flashing arrangements at window jamb/sill junctions
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor (min. 1500mm2/m or 500mm2/m2 of floor area).
- The ground below the floor must be sealed with a membrane to prevent moisture entering the void (e.g., polythene membrane + 50mm gravel ballast)
- Extraspace Solutions must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures.
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must carry out the structural analysis and design.