IDMH Ltd. Modular Volumetric Building System
The IDMH Ltd system is intended to be a ‘turnkey’ operation, that is the modules, including external and internal finishes, will be designed, manufactured and erected by IDMH Ltd. Each module has been designed to be factory manufactured and 95% factory finished. Modules are delivered to site with windows, doors, internal fixtures, finishes and decorations installed. Services are also pre-installed with final connections being made on site.
The system comprises factory-assembled closed-cell timber panel volumetric boxes to construct up to four-storey single houses and apartments. Basic construction is MiTek Posi-joists, or similar, for the floors; closed cell timber-framed external wall panels; MiTek Posi-joist, or similar, ceiling joists; trussed rafter low-pitch roof module. Module dimensions are project-specific and can be manufactured up to a maximum of 5m wide, 4.4m high (including factory-fitted roof module) and 12m long.
Durability Assessment – 60 Years
Limits on scope
- Maximum 4 storeys + roof module for residential use subject to structural justification;
- Bottom members in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources;
- Minimum 25mm ventilated cavity behind external wall claddings;
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor. The void must be cross ventilated to a minimum standard of 1500mm2/linear metre, or 500mm2/m2 of floor area;
- IDMH Ltd must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structure;
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be engaged for the structural analysis and design.