ISO Spaces is an award-winning company that designs and manufactures bespoke modular buildings using shipping container conversion expertise. Our expert in-house designers and engineering team provide the complete turnkey solution, from initial concept to on-site delivery, installation and maintenance.
ISO Spaces South West Ltd Modular Volumetric Building System
The system is derived from used 20 foot standard high cube steel shipping containers. Containers are 6058mm long, 2438mm wide and 2896mm high externally, and 5898mm long, 2344mm wide and 2695mm high internally. The number of containers per dwelling depends upon the number of bedrooms specified.
The containers are manufactured from ‘weathering’ steel that displays higher anti-corrosive properties than conventional mild steel. The steel is nominally 2mm thick. The steel is protected in the original manufacture by two coats of high-performance epoxy-based primer and top coat paints designed for use on shipping containers
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 4 storeys subject to structural analysis;
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor (min. 1500mm2/m or 500mm2/m2 of floor area);
- Ground below the modules should be sealed to prevent plant growth;
- Condensation calculations must be carried out on a scheme-by-scheme basis to ensure the condensation on the inner face of the outer skin disperses, particularly where modules are installed in exposed locations.
- ISO Spaces South West Ltd. must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub-contracted for the structural analysis and design.