We deliver desirable homes through the industrialisation of volume housing supply. Our vision is to make the housing market fairer for all.
Legal and General Homes Modular Ltd Volumetric Building Systems
The system is based on Binderholz cross-laminated softwood timber panels (CLT) factory assembled to form modular volumetric units to function structurally as external walls, internal walls, upper floors, and flat or sloping roofs, subject to the provision of suitable and adequate weather protection where exposed to the elements and additional fire protection, as necessary, to comply with local Building Regulations.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 2 storeys + roof
- Bottom members in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources
- Where suspended ground floors are used, adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor. Consideration should be given to sealing the ground below the CLT floor in accordance with Building Regulation requirements to prevent ground moisture entering the void
- Minimum 50mm drained and ventilated cavity behind external wall cladding
- CLT panels must be protected from direct or indirect contact with moisture
- Legal and General Homes Modular must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the modules
- Legal and General Homes Modular must confirm the suitability of all designs by others that could impact on the durability of the modules