M-AR is a leading designer, off-site manufacturer and on-site constructor of full turnkey ‘Fast Track’ construction projects specialising in standardised and bespoke design and build solutions to meet the varying regulatory requirements, client specifications and budgets.
M-AR Light Gauge Steel Framed Modular Volumetric Generation Building System
Modules are constructed from a combination of hot-rolled steel, light gauge steel stud-framed wall panels to create structural boxes that can be readily stacked.
Structural frame comprises galvanised 100x100x4mm SHS corner columns and 70x70x4mm SHS posts placed mid-span of the 250x95x25x5mm galvanised cold rolled channel (CRC) main floor and roof beams. Short end ceiling beams are Z390 150x90x15x3mm CRC. Short end floor beams are 150x74mm PFC tie beams.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 3 storeys + Roof (structural calculations received for this assessment is for 2 storeys + roof).
- Bottom members below in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources. The LGSF must not be exposed to any moisture source.
- Rendered external thermal insulation systems and/or insulated brick slip cladding systems applied to steel-framed structures must have a minimum 15mm drained back-cavity (NHBC requirement). Detailing should be considered to minimise the risk of water entering the structure at vulnerable junctions, for example window jamb/sill junctions as per SCI publication P343 recommendations.
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor (min. 1500mm2/m or 500mm2/m2 of floor area).
- The ground below the floor must be sealed with a membrane to prevent moisture entering the void (e.g., polythene membrane + 50mm gravel ballast)
- M-AR must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures.
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub-contracted for the structural analysis and design