MultiBuild offer a range of services from concept design and manufacture to site installation and commissioning of all types of buildings for all types of sectors, all constructed off site in our factory controlled facility.
Multi Build UK Ltd Cold Rolled Light Weight Steel Framed Modular Volumetric Building System
The primary structure of the modules comprises of horizontal galvanised cold-rolled steel ‘c’ section beams to the perimeter of the floor and ceiling cassettes bolted to box section corner posts.
The system comprises a volumetric unit consisting of an integrated panellised system comprising wall, floor and roof cassettes. Floor cassettes are constructed of cold formed lightweight steel ‘c’ joists at 400mm centres, spanning between and bolted to the cold formed steel perimeter floor beams.
Where the joists form the floor next to the ground, and there is no risk of ground heave, the joists are sheathed on the underside with MgO board, insulation is fixed to the board and the whole encapsulated with a gas membrane over the sub-structure concrete oversite, so there is no floor void.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 5 storeys for residential use
- Bottom members minimum 150mm above external ground level and isolated from damp.
- Minimum 25mm ventilated cavity behind external wall claddings if system requires it.
- Multi Build (UK) Ltd must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub-contracted for the structural analysis and design