PS Housing is a ‘design for manufacture and assembly’ supplier of low-cost high quality steel framed housing. We deliver to site all the components necessary to construct a house complete with internal fixtures and fittings; the galvanised light gauge steel frame structure is supplied to site pre-manufactured ready for assembly along with all required components – significantly reducing site time.
PS’s principle manufacturer are one of the largest suppliers of building materials in the world. The scale of our partners operation ensures that PS will always have the capacity, and materials, to fulfil client orders. Together with the imminent BOPAS Process accreditation, this certainty of supply allows PS to consider any project.
PS have a UK based tier 1 design team consisting of highly skilled and experienced individuals including Architects, Structural Engineers, Building Performance analysts, Health & Safety advisors and ‘off-site’ system build Project Managers. Additionally, PS have developed and pre-qualified a suite of components that integrate seamlessly with our designs; known as the PS Toolkit. This catalogue approach ensures that the specifications, structural design and finishes achieve British Standards and offer full CE/FSC accreditation. The PS Toolkit can greatly reduce the design, procurement and construction phases.
Parabuild Solutions Light Weight Steel Building System
The system comprises galvanised S550GD+Z275 galvanised lightweight steel sections ‘u’ and ‘c’ sections forming the external and internal walls, upper floors and roof panels.
Internal and external walls are constructed with ‘u’ section top and bottom rails with ‘c’ section studs of size and spacing commensurate with the structural design. Each unit is designed to be structurally stable within its own enclosing walls.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 4 storeys for residential use and beyond with a combination of central core and hot rolled steel;
- Bottom members in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources;
- Minimum 25mm ventilated cavity behind external wall claddings;
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation to meet Building Regulation requirements must be maintained to the void below suspended ground floors;
- Parabuild Solutions must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures;
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub-contracted for the structural analysis and design