Rollalong Ltd Volumetric Modular Light Weight Galvanised Steel Building System
The system utilises a range of cold-formed c-section lightweight galvanised steel sections to form volumetric modules, comprising floor, ceiling and wall cassettes.
Steel sections are typically sized at 175mm, 145mm, 100mm and 70mm in depth and 1.2mm, 1.6mm and 2mm in thickness.
The modules are constructed on warm frame principles, where the insulation is applied externally to the frame, either directly or as part of the cladding system.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 5 storeys for residential use;
- Bottom members in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources;
- Minimum 50mm ventilated cavity behind conventional masonry cladding;
- Minimum 15 mm drained cavity behind insulated external wall claddings, e.g., insulated render or brick slip systems;
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor (min. 1500mm2/m or 500mm2/m2 of floor area).
- The ground below the floor should be sealed with a membrane to prevent moisture entering the void (e.g., polythene membrane + 50mm gravel ballast)
- Rollalong Ltd. must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures;
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub-contracted for the structural analysis and design