Dan-Wood is a manufacturer of modern energy-efficient, prefabricated timber-frame houses, combining superb quality of design and construction with exceptional value for money. An experienced and dedicated team of architects, designers and trades people will use only the best quality materials to build a turnkey Dan-Wood house for you in only 8-12 weeks. We offer over 50 different standard house designs, which can be modified according to your individual needs and tastes, all with a fixed price.
Dan-Wood Timber Frame Building System
The construction generally comprises closed timber frame wall panels consisting of two skins of 12mm OSB/3 sheathing stapled at 60mm centres to timber studs at nominal 600mm centres. Wall panels are a maximum of 2.7m high and 14m long, the size being limited by manufacturing and transportation limitations. The void between the sheathing is filled with mineral wool insulation.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 3 storeys for residential use
- Bottom members minimum 150mm above external ground level
- Where suspended ground floors are used, adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor, in particular where there is no treatment of the ground to prevent moisture entering the void
- Risk of interstitial condensation within external elements subject to site- specific assessment
- Dan-wood SA must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structure
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub- contracted for the structural analysis and design