Enevate Advanced Building Systems Modular Volumetric Light Weight Steel Building System
Primary and secondary structural elements comprise hot rolled steel beams forming the perimeter and intermediate.
Floor and ceiling joists are formed using galvanised lightweight steel
Wall panels between the main structural members are constructed with cold formed galvanised lightweight steel studs at 600mm centres with 150mm compressed mineral wool insulation between the studs.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 6 storeys for residential use. Heights beyond this are possible but would require additional structure which is currently not within the scope of this assessment.
- Bottom lightweight steel members minimum 150mm above external ground level and isolated from damp.
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor, in particular where there is no treatment of the ground to prevent moisture entering the void
- Enevate Advanced Building Systems must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub-contracted for the structural analysis and design.