Stelling Properties is one of the UK’s leading Modular development and construction companies. Taking an innovative, flexible, and collaborative approach, we work as a trusted partner to contractors, developers, and property asset management companies in the design, build, manufacture, and maintenance of modular construction projects. By providing a flexible approach we deliver expertise to support our partners from providing a full turnkey solution or a project specific tailored approach to meet the needs of our clients and their projects.
The Stelling Group Ltd Modular Volumetric Building System
The system comprises a factory-assembled hot rolled steel framed box with light gauge steel (LGSF) floor, wall and ceiling structures bolted to the hot rolled steel frame to create volumetric boxes to construct apartments.
The modules are capable of being stacked up to 6 high, for which structural justification has been received. Generally the maximum size of modules is 8605mm long (10415 where incorporating corridor element), 3260mm high and 3040mm wide.
Durability Assessment: Minimum of 60 years
Limits of Scope
- Maximum 6 storeys of modular units
- Bottom members in contact with foundations/sub-structure must be fully isolated from contact with moisture from the ground or external sources
- Minimum 15 mm drained cavity behind external wall claddings
- Adequate sub-floor ventilation must be maintained to the void below the ground floor
- The void below the ground storey module floor must be sealed to prevent moisture entering the void, for example, a polythene membrane and 50mm site concrete (or gravel) laid over the ground
- The Stelling Group must be contracted for the design, manufacture, supply and erection of the structures
- A chartered structural engineer suitably experienced in the design of this type of structure must be sub-contracted for the structural analysis and design